Innovation is frequently the product of expensive investment and patents play a pivotal role in safeguarding your innovation and future returns on those investments.
The potential range of patentable innovations is vast and includes: mechanical devices; products and processes; pharmaceutical compositions and formulations, computer hardware and software; biotechnology, electronics, and information technology; and new methods of doing business.
Our expert patent team, which covers all major industry sectors and technology specialisations, strive to ensure that clients receive the maximum return on their research and development investment by obtaining the broadest possible scope of protection for their innovation.
Proactive and strategic use of patents can:
- safeguard your contracts;
- generate new revenue streams;
- attract investment capital;
- optimise share price;
- exclude competition; and
- create advantageous positioning in key markets.
Shelston IP patent expertise and services includes:
- filing and prosecuting patent (and design) applications;
- assignments and licensing;
- searching and watching;
- infringement and validity advice;
- portfolio management and renewals;
- due diligence;
- litigation and dispute resolution;
- commercialisation strategy and advice;
- renewals; and
- patent enforcement.