A strategic approach to registered copyright protection can provide a competitive edge on several fronts:
- further strengthens case for existing patents (or those being contemplated) as part of your IP strategy
- in the minds of consumers a product’s ‘look’ can be even more important than functionality
- is your best deterant for copycats and imitators
- if infringed, you can seek damages for lost sales
- helps to sell or licence your design to earn further royalties and revenues
- increases consistentancy of use which enhances value over time.
Our extensive experience assisting clients with the full range of copyright-related matters.
We help secure and protect copyright for clients ranging from engineering, appliances, homewares, music, song, literature and fashion designers operating in all major industries, technologies and product categories.
Our copyright expertise spans:
- general copyright matters under Indian law
- conflicts of laws as related to copyright matters
- IP clearances and risk assessments for the use of Indian created, produced or dubbed works
- website content
- film, TV and music production, acquisition and distribution
- copyright ownership advice, disputes and contracts
- parallel importing.